About Me

My photo
Michigan, United States
a registered yoga teacher, and a Thai/Yoga Bodywork practitioner.

Friday, May 4, 2012

First Lesson of Summer

Pulling pesky carpet staples

Our summer term begins in May. Our first lesson is the Real World chore of pulling up carpet: prying up nail-embedded strips, pulling up pokey staples, picking at crusty chunks of foam, and vacuuming a sandbox worth of sand. I used three vacuum bags--the dirt is that dense.


This under the floor of a compulsive vacuum runner.. Ew.

Taking down wallpaper cured me of ever wanting to put it up; pulling carpet has cured me of the temptation to permanently cover my floors in anything not able to be mopped. Madelyn worked with me for three days. She even *asked* to do more after I was ready to quit on Day 2.



1 comment:

  1. I've got some work she can help me with around here...send her on down!

    ...YOU come too!

    *wink*

    ReplyDelete