About Me

My photo
Michigan, United States
a registered yoga teacher, and a Thai/Yoga Bodywork practitioner.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Days 5&6 -- A greyish, lazy weekend

The day after Thanksgiving, the only productive thing we did was getting the oil changed. The kids watched toons; I read more John Taylor Gatto (A Different Kind of Teacher -- essays). We talked in the evening about something Gatto says are two defining charactertics: What you will NOT do and what you actively choose to do.

Today is Saturday, and after teaching a yoga class, I offered a walk with any takers. Nate came along and spent the whole brisk two miles telling me about nuances of his favorite Saturday morning cartoon (Dragon something-or-other). When I asked what he would do *if* he didn't have to go to school on Monday (hint hint), he said: "I'd eat breakfast and probably sit around and think for a while."

No comments:

Post a Comment